Cardiff-by-the-Sea Property Search
Neighborhood Living Information
To read about the Cardiff-by-the-Sea community lifestyle and demographic information, please scroll down below the property listing information.
Loading Results ...
At least 1 location must be added before you can choose keywords
Enter MLS ID:
Your property search took too long to complete. You may want to try changing your
Cardiff-By-The-Sea Area Information
Cardiff-by-the-Sea is an idyllic little beach town that has its own unique character. Founded in 1911, the town has over 100 years of history. Also known to the local residents as "Cardiff", this neighborhood is home to the famous surf spot, Swamis, and also the Kook statue that depicts a boy surfing. Most of the homes in Cardiff sit facing westward and boast ocean views. The properties are distinctively designed and add to the ambiance of the community.
The Cardiff locals typically spend their free time being outdoors and being active. The residents live a healthy lifestyles by going to the beach or taking Yoga classes. The beach-goers have several activities to choose from such as paddle boarding, surfing, body-boarding, kayaking, wind-surfing, kite-boarding, snorkeling, scuba-diving, and fishing.
- San Elijo Lagoon: This coastal community is situated just north of Solana Beach and the San Elijo Lagoon breaks the two towns apart. At the lagoon, there are trails for walking and jogging within and lots of various birds and plants to be seen.
- San Elijo Campground: There is also the San Elijo Campground that offers a great get-away for those who enjoy campfires and the smell of the ocean.
- Beaches: The State Beach and the Cardiff Reef at Swamis are beautiful beaches that attract surfers from around the world.
- Self-Realization Fellowship center: Located just north fo Cardiff is a Self-Realization Fellowship, a nonprofit spiritual organization founded by Paramahansa Yogananda.
Cardiff-by-the-Sea Demographic & Climate Information
Take a moment to use our lifestyle finder tool to get more detailed information about Cardiff! This tool allows you to search for schools, businesses, home values, area information as well as a comparison tool to view two cities side by side!
Click here to start using the lifestyle finder tool.
- Cardiff-by-the-Sea Population: Also known as “Cardiff”, this town is located in southern California and is a sub-community of Encinitas with a population of under 12,000 residents. Cardiff-by-the-Sea is approximately 71% white, 21% Hispanic, 3% Asian, 1% African-American and 4% Other.
- Cardiff-by-the-Sea Geographic Area: Approximately 900 acres (a sub-community of Encinitas)
- Cardiff-by-the-Sea Average Age: Cardiff residents average across the board from children to retirees with middle-aged adults reaching the highest percentage.
- Cardiff-by-the-Sea Average Income: the average income per year for residents of Cardiff is about $76,000.
- Cardiff-by-the-Sea Climate: Cardiff is located directly next to the Pacific Ocean and the San Elijo Lagoon, keeping it’s climate comfortably cool throughout the entire year.